Freelance Consultant (since 2007)
Board member of Healthwatch Hackney 2013-2017
1999-2007 Big Lottery Fund / New Opportunities Fund (NOF)
- Played a key role in the merger of NOF and Community Fund and in the organisational development of the Big Lottery Fund; led on strategic and corporate planning, internal communications, risk management, programme and project management, customer care and equalities.
- Developed and delivered NOF's first portfolio of 14 health funding programmes worth over £700m, including Healthy Living Centres; CHD, Stroke and Cancer; 5 a Day and Fruit in Schools.
1990-1999 Voluntary Service Overseas (various roles)
- Directed East European Partnership.
- Led on procurement, logistical support, budget management and medical support to VSO's 36 overseas development programmes.
- Managed VSO's 11 development programmes in East and Southern Africa with responsibility for over 40 staff and 300 volunteers, playing a lead role in opening new programmes in Namibia, Eritrea, Ethiopia and South Africa.
1987-1990 Thomas Nelson Publishers
- Published and marketed educational textbooks for the Caribbean region.
1986-1987 Macmillan Publishers
- Published and marketed educational textbooks for the West African region.
1982-1985 Waterstone and Company
1980-1981 Swaziland Ministry of Education
1976-1980 University of Bristol
- BA Honours in French class 2:1.